Life in the time of corona [virus]

I almost started ANOTHER blog, you guys, what is wrong with me!? But this is blog post number 552. How could I delete this??
So it's been like a couple years, but I'm back for now because, this needs to be documented.

We're back to homeschooling. Not at all by choice, but I think we're all in this together, so I wanted to have somewhere to share what we're doing, or at least trying to do.

I feel like the quote from a tale of two cities is exactly my real and true feelings: 
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way" - some days this feels like "the other way".


Iris, (8) soaking up the sun


Sam (15) and Zoe (4) snuggled up watching Octonauts.
The kids' schools closed on March 13th, claiming it would just close for two weeks and then one week of spring break. Next thing we know, it sounds like 6 weeks, then no more school until summer... then maybe fall... now maybe winter. The short of it, is that all parents are supposed to be with their kids 24/7... 365 days a year!
No camps, no library trips, no parks, no sleepovers or play dates. No quick escape sanity target runs.

WILL I SURVIVE!?!?


I guess this blog will be the proof that I at least went down fighting.



Mandatory 1 mile death march for my girlies. Thank you Jesus for sunshine! 



Comments