Go Seahawks!

*I don't know how to rotate my pictures from my phone. Just turn your head sideways and carry on.*

We are big Seahawk fans here at our house and today marks the first day of football for the Seahawks! 
I am soooo excited for game day!!



I decided to make a wreath for our front door inspired by the Seahawks colors and remembered a wreath we made when I was a little girl (read EASY!!) So I thought I'd try it again.




First thing you need is a straw wreath. You want a straw and not a foam wreath because when you push the piece into the straw it moves the straw around to compress the pieces you you've  added. Does that make sense? The foam ones just condense and doesn't hold the fabric.
Alright, so my wreath is 12".


Next I got three yards of fabric, one yard per color. Looking back now I should have gotten more blue than green or gotten double sided blue. It turned out fine but I think I would have liked a bit more blue. Oh well. :)
Cut your salvage off then cut your fabric into 3" squares.



Now take your Phillips head screw driver put it right in the middle of the square and push your screw driver in until its about 1/2" in. When you pull your screw driver out the fabric will stay in!
Make sure and leave the back empty so it can lay flat on the door/wall.
I like how mine turned out but I think it needs a little something extra. I'll be on the look out for that... Eventually ;)

This project took me 3 hours from start to finish and was good busy work for watching a movie. 

Comments