Tuesday, October 18, 2011

This is my life

I wake up at 6 and head to the gym right away. I get there about 6:30 and work out for 30 minutes. It was hard at first to get into a really early routine, but I've been getting up at 6 every morning now and I even found myself waking up at 6 on the morning the alarm didn't get set. I joined curves a couple of months ago really, in August; but I didn't go at all in September so now I'm back at it and trying to be disciplined. I am like 30 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight. Holy crap, did I just say that!? Well anyway it's true. And since we're not planning to have any more babies any time soon now is the perfect time to get back to somewhat of a shape less resembling a circle.

6:30am: Driving to the gym at 6:30 is pitch black! It takes me about 4 minutes to get there.


Every morning there are three women at the gym. The Middle school PE teacher, the local Dentist's assistant and the owner of the liqure store. Plus there is Anna, the owner of Curves. She is so sweet and has an amazing memory, so she's really easy to carry on a conversation with. She'll gentle remind me to keep my elbows in or to "squat like a duck - stick your butt out!" lol. But she is awesome. The conversation at the gym is fun too. Basically is all about Survivor, The Biggest Loser and our little City... which encouraged me to watch the City Council Meeting, which was also a blast.

7:00am: The sun is just starting to peek over Mt. Rainier. Most mornings these days we're blanketed in a thick morning fog.


Not surprisingly, there is a lot of traffic at 7:00am. It's about a 45 minute commute to Seattle from our nook of the world and traffic can be really really bad. I'm surprised almost every morning how it's darker and darker every day.

7:00am outside my house.


Coffee O'Clock. I got to meet my best Colleen friend for Coffee before our day started. It was early enough that my post work out wet hair was still wet.


Today's doctor appointment was to address Iris' on going pooping issues. She has had diarhea forever and seems to have "bouts" worse than other days. She had a mild temp on Saturday and Sunday and an ever increasingly bad diaper rash. Poor kid has been spending half her time naked lately, though I'm not sure she really cares. She does not however, like her tush to be rinsed off in the bathroom sink, but we've cut out wipes so it's all she's got. Our "diagnosis" was to try soy formula with a pedialite base instead of water. Maybe she's allergic to the milk protein? Maybe she's lactose intollerant? Maybe she's jsut still coming to terms with being alive. Who knows!

Iris got to wear her favoite cupcake shirt (from my sister) for the first time. And she loved it. And she looked freaking adorable.


If you are friends with me on Facebook you will know I've been contemplating coats for Iris. I finally decided on a JJ cole Bundle me and a seperate coat for when she's not in the carseat. Safety over fashion. I ordered a red peacoat from Old Navy, but when it arrived here it was more like a dress coat, it was long, I thought it was going to be a waist coat. So I needed to return it and the hat I also ordered from baby gap. It was 0-3m but apparently her head is not 0-3 months so it can barely stay on, though it was very cute!  Anyway, we had to drive all the way to the Super Mall, about 25 minutes away and first of all we missed the exit so it took about 15 extra minutes before we could evne turn around and then when I got to the Gap they were an outlet and couldn't even take the hat as a return. It was very frusterating.

This is how Jerry felt about the whole ordeal:


As luck had it Molly and Lucy fell asleep in the car and were not ready for a nap.

This is the little farm across the street and around the corner. That little black speck is a HUGE black bull. I love it's horns.


Our moods were a little bit on the irritating side, but when we pulled into town both of us were over come by the breathtaking view of the mountain. See that red light? We live to the right of there and slightly up the hill. Quite literally at the base of the mountain.

Will I ever tire of her? the Ol' beauty? Prolly not.

We situated the kids and I fell asleep almost immedietly. When the alarm went off to get the boys from the bus I was like a crazy person, "OH MY GOD JERRY! WE MISSED THE BUS!!!" There was still 15 minutes left. I'm not sure what was going on but I was like a drunk person. Jerry said he'd get them and left and I fell back asleep. Next thing I knew it was 6:15 PM!!!! I had to run around and get ready for MOPS and left in a rather frazzled, post nap coma.

This is the little farm across the street from us. They have one horse, two goats, 4 cows and one calf (okay, I know it's a cow too) but I find it funny that they're all the same fawn color.


I left Jerry in the same way I found him this morning. Book, baby, cat, bed.

So that's basically my day. For the sake of sanity I've opted to leave out the new package of permanant markers Lucy found and opened.

I'd also like to say I really appreciate the camera I'm using. It's not my camera I usually use, but it's working for it's purpose. To capture memories. And we make them everyday, and sometimes I get a clear shot too. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment