Reunited and it feels so good!

For the last week my boys have been in Spokane visiting my parents and my sister. They all went camping together in St. Mary Idaho and then spent the week hanging out at my sister's house, visiting family, swimming and going to the park.


While they were gone the house was so quite!! It's amazing how two little people make such big messes and so much laundry! I feel like I hardly had to clean anything up at all besides the boys' left over messes!!


Molly and Lucy definitely missed the boys. Lu walked around for the first two days calling for Joe and Molly would randomly walk up to me all slouched over and say, "I weally miss my bwovews." or "When are my bwovews going to come home!?" She slept in Joe's bed one night and napped in it the other days.


We met my Dad in Cle Elum to pick the boys up yesterday and when Joe saw me he burst into tears. He couldn't even walk, he just crumpled and started crying. I picked him up and squeezed him and said I missed him and he said, "I missed you so much too mom" and then he wanted a big hug from Jerry and then we set him in our car and when he saw the girls he started crying all over again. It was so sweet.


 Photobucket


Sam is very happy to be home. In the first few hours he played chase with Lucy (and let her win) and found a blanket for Iris because he thought she was too cold and he cleared off the table from dinner and then all the kids ran outside to play on the hill. They're just so happy to be together.


Joe asked to hold Iris this morning and she was just getting fussy from being hungry but he leaned close to her ear and whispered, "It's okay, it's just Joe, your big brother. Don't be sad little Roo." He was just so sweet.


Photobucket


I hope the kids love each other this much their whole lives.


What I know for sure is this; I missed them a lot. It was quiet, and clean, and fun to be with the girls all week and do girly things. But I sure missed my boys. I missed their sweet hugs, the way they love on the girls and I really missed their endless jokes.


I am so excited for the rest of the summer and all the memories to come. : )


 

 

Comments