It's almost over.

July.

The end of summer has always been something I look forward to. I love June with it's sunny skies and warm breezes through an open window while you sleep...  and July, finally warm enough to play at the lake or the river... we're finally able to set up the sprinklers and have dinner made up completely of watermelon and cold pasta salads.

But now it's on to August. This is the first year we've had central air and let me tell you, there is nothing better. Absolutely nothing. August is a month of oppressive heat and closing windows up tight and cranking the AC to 60 just to feel cold again. August has always been the most hated month of mine. I can remember the feeling of sweat on your eyelids and cheeks. Never a second of relief from the heat, especially at night because of the humidity and as a child we had no air conditioner. All I wanted was to take off all my clothes and lay on the cold tiled floor in the shower. In August the insects come in to the house to get out of the head and the smell of incense thickly hangs in the air. I would silently pray the bus we were to catch was air conditioned and you would instantly be chilled. And thankful this August will not be full of any of that unpleasantness.

We have had a ton of fun using our nature shelf... I love that it's not "finished" ever, it just keeps getting added on to. Last weekend I found a very small glass vase for $0.10 and it's just the right size to hold a handful of freshly picked dandelions.

We have a feather my Dad brought for Joe and we have a family of pinecones. My favorite piece is a little bit of bee hive we found when we were in Spokane last.

Today we made summer luminaries to add.

IMG_2884editIMG_2891editIMG_2887editIMG_2888editIMG_2895editIMG_2893editIMG_2906editIMG_2890edit

 

 

Comments