4, 5 and 6 days old

At first I wasn't sure if I would take pictures of Iris in the hospital. Any baby looks really pitiful in the hospital, tied to an IV with a club hand to punch themselves with. It's pitiful. And like I've said I don't know how sick she was... or still is. She looked and looks perfectly fine to me.


But my mom said, "Of course take pictures of her!" and so I obeyed. At least it gave me something to do for at least a good 10 minutes.


Here we are the day we were admitted. I didn't notice really how orange she truly looked until I look at her now and then.





Here is her crib she stayed in. These cribs are crazy and I want one at home. The crib went all the way up to the ceiling... there's no escaping.



Super pitiful pictures #1: I named her hand Clomp.



After the first day she started to enjoy the warmth and would lay like this all day until I'd wake her up to change her or feed her... sometimes even taking her out into the colder room wasn't enough to wake her up. She likes to be warm.



Her little eye shields were nasty and made me think she looked blind which was even more pitiful.



Some where around 3 or 4am I drew eyes on them with a pen. Much better.



Day 3: We were able to take her out of the lights while she finished her IV before we were released.



How totally adorable is her blanket? My mom made it.


Love! My mom. And the baby. And the blanket.



Then this band of wild gypsies came and picked us up and we went home.



And by the grace of God, we're still here.

Comments