Lucy's first hair cut

I just couldn't handle it anymore.



So I cut her hair. She didn't move too much and it wasn't until after I had cut most of her hair did I realize she had pulled almost all the pedals off my Orchid in my bathroom which I had stupidly set her in front of. It was after I took the poor plant away that she really started to wiggle. She wanted to put her feet in the sink, she wanted to brush her hair. She wanted to taste my tooth brush.



Mistake number one was getting her hair wet, combing it and then trimming around the base of her neck. The hair immediately pulled up tightly. The biggest problem really was her bangs and they did the same thing as the back. The new growth under the curls is not curly or at least not AS curly and so now she has a border of straight hair... like  a hairband.



 



I didn't tell Jerry and wanted to know if he would notice. He looked at her right away and said, "Do her ears look bigger to you today?"



I just blinked innocently. "Oh really? I hadn't noticed."


I did end up telling him of course, later after he came home from work.


It was the next morning when he really got to see it in all her glory. I think he said something like, "I really don't mind paying for the kids' hair cuts... in case you just didn't want to cut their hair anymore..." I think that meant, 'for GOD SAKE WOMAN! STOP THE INSANITY'.


In all honesty I'm not sure I've given any of the children good hair cuts. Maybe I'll just go ahead and take him up on the hair cuts from the salon.


At least my orchid would be safe.


Comments