sickness, is snuck up on us.

When Molly was Lucy's age I was so overly paranoid about any sort of illness since she had been hospitalized and diagnosed with weak heart valves which gave her an irregular heartbeat. They foretold of great scary-ness, like her never ever being able to play sports, or that she would be weak her whole life. They told us any sort of small illness would have a chance of becoming very serious and that her body may not be able to fight off anything. So I was paranoid as hell. Any sort of sign of illness and I'd set up the ionizer and the humidifier and set the nebulizer up incase we needed to use it (which we did frequently) and of course I'd keep her in her room and sanitize EVERYTHING.

We lived to tell about it. Everyone of us.

Lucy is so much more pitiful. This is the second time in the last few months that she's had a really high fever that Tylenol doesn't bring down much. I don't know what it is, last time she didn't get a new tooth or anything and as it is she only has one last tooth waiting to pop through and I don't think that's it either. She's very very pitiful.

I should have seen this high fever coming on because all day, and I do mean all day, she cried. She couldn't get close enough to me but wanted me to hold her a certain way. She didn't eat much, wouldn't drink any cold or warm soy milk and wouldn't sleep.

She perked up when Jerry got home at 6-ish. We fed her plain rice which she would say no to then eat anyway. At 7 we put her down. She woke up at 9:30 with a high fever, shaking and moaning. She tried to play when the tylenol had kicked in but she was grunting like it was really hard just to sit up.

Finally she did her sign for milk and said, "nii niiii nini".

Her poor cheeks and ears are flaming red. I feel so sad for her and kind of sorry I told Jerry she was a horrible baby, since she was feeling sick and all.

Let's hope the night isn't as long as I can imagine it to be. Let's hope tomorrow she's all back to her usual grouchy self. :)

Comments