Placemat manners

I admit it! I was going to let the kids decorate their own place mats. I had purchased some fun stickers and was just going to cut the paper to size then laminate whatever they finished, but then I decided this would be an awesome tool for working on our table manners.


I took the smallest plate, cup, spoon and fork that we had and traced around them then took two hours to cut them out. I used a small dab of glue to hold them in place then used contact paper to laminate them. If you're going to do this make sure and leave a bit of room around the paper because if you cut too close to the paper then when you rinse them under the faucet the paper will get wet! The corners have to seal!


The rules for our new place mats are that you have to leave the dish in the spot. We used them this morning for the first time and they worked out really well!



Plus, they're totally cute.

Comments