Every night before bed time we pull out the package at the front and snuggling next to the tree we open it.
Every night we discover a new book.
Every night we read, giggle and discus the contents of these special book's pages.
Then on the 1st day of the new year we wrap them up again in crispy newspaper, tie them with red raffia and pack them away amongst the ornaments and Christmas lights and then, we do it all over again the next year.
These are our advent books.
- 12 cats at Christmas by Priddy books
- Merry Christmas, Splat by Rob Scotton
- The Gingerbread Pirates by Kristin Kladstrup
- Mery Christmas Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt
- The very first Christmas by The Beginner's Bible
- Tyrannoclaus by Janet Lawler
- The Mouse before Christmas by Michael Garland
- Aliens Love Panta Clause by Claire Freedman & Ben Cort
- What Dogs Want for Christmas by Kandy Radzinski
- Cookie Count by Robert Sabuda
- Footprints in the Snow by Mei Matsuoka
- Santa Duck by David Milgrim
- Sneezy the Snowman by Maureen Wright
- Merry Christmas Mouse! by Laura Numeroff
- Thomas' Snowsuit by Michael Martchenko & Robert Munsch
- The Biggest Snowman Ever by Steven Kroll
- Russell's Christmas Magic by Rob Scotton
- Jingle Bells by Iza Trapani
- Hello Kitty Hello Christmas! by Celina Carvlho
- Where is Baby's Christmas Present? by Karen Katz
- Search and Find Christmas by Celement C. Moore
- The Night Before Christmas by Clement S. Moore
Of course all this loving on the books has somewhat taken a toll on some of the them and not only do a few of the favorite books, like 'Cookie Count' and 'Where is Baby's Present?' have taped binding but this year a few of them were in such sad conditions I placed an order with Scholastic for replacements.
About 5 of our books are board books and the rest are paper. Some have hard covers some have soft. We have a variety, some side splitting funny and some are so sweet they bring a tear to my eye.
I think this may be one of my favorite Christmas traditions.