Back to school for the very first time!


It’s 7:45, the bus comes at 8:00 to the corner to pick up the kids but Sam asked me to drive him on his first day.


The backpack was a great source of conflict among the patrons of this family. We finally all decided on Lego Star Wars. It turned out alright.




I can’t believe he’s 5. I can’t believe he’s in Kindergarten. I can’t believe we look so sleepy. We had been up since 6…





I guess the time to be excited has arrived.



“Hello my name is Sam. I’m 5. I’m going to Kindergarten.”



Are you ready for school? Yeah!



Are you ready to learn!?!? Yay!



lol


He had a great first day at school. Their school serves free breakfasts and he loved it. “I never want to eat breakfast at home again.” he told me on the walk back to the house from his bus. He knew a bunch of kids on the bus from our apartment complex so he was excited when he got off. He learned “Marshmallows and Hugs” they have to fill their cheeks with air like they just ate a marshmallow and hug themselves.


He also learned the sign for yes and no. His teacher doesn’t want their voice to run out so they use a lot of sign language for answering questions. He’s excited to go back on Tuesday…


The other kids spent their day with us doing our first trip grocery shopping, family naps and watching strawberry shortcake.


We’re currently on a waiting list for preschool for Joe. It wouldn’t be the end of the world if he didn’t go, he’s amazingly docile when Sam isn’t around.



Comments