The sickness


It's like molasses and I'd imagine it's black evil looking thing. It slowly has spread from one unsuspecting person to the next.


First we had Super S - the most pitiful sick child ever. Next was Little J with only a terrible cough and one day of a snotty nose. Daddy J fell into it's murky liquid with a deep cough and stuffy sinuses and then it was Princess M.



I called our pediatric nurse to ask for some medicine ideas. She says, "I'm sorry I can't give you advice on medicating children under 5. I used to be able to but I'm not aloud to anymore." I kind of laughed at the irony I call the dr. to get no answers. She continues quickly, "I can't advise you to give a 14 month old 1/2 tsp of dimmetap. That would of course be something a parent would have to decide on..." then she paused for emphasis, "I'm sorry I wasn't able to advise you on that. I think a man made this rule." Then she laughed and hung up. I was confused for a second and then realised, 'Oh wait, she was "advising" me illegally.' and then I made my parental decision to give her 1/2 tsp of dimmetap.




She's so cheerful that it's depressing. She is by far the sickest of all of us besides Super S with Influenza last week. She has boughts of this horrible "coughing" noise that sounds like a car's engine trying to start and her eyes are so swollen and teary. She wasn't so bad until she woke up from her afternoon nap.





Her coughing eerily reminds me of last March when she was in thePICU at the children's hospital with her fate unknown.



AND if anyone is wondering - when your "a" key breaks off your keyboard it's very very hard to type. lol


Comments