13 days ago...

Lucy turned 3 months old and

 
now weighs 12lb even!

She is eating like a champ (like the cheeks don't give it away!) and is such a smiley little girl. I honestly thought she'd be an unhappy kid her whole life. She's given up the beloved swing (Just in time as we had borrowed it from Coco who had her baby!) and is now in love with her bouncy chair. She looks REALLY hard at the dangling animals like she's going to will them into her hands but she has yet tried to grab anything.

According to our pediatrician she is behind. He guesses with her being 34 or 35 weeks along has a lot to do with it. Though she can sit in her bumbo easily she can't hold her head up for tummy time or for that matter consciously move her head, so when I tried tummy time she laid on her face crying for about 30 seconds until I picked her up.

She is a great sleeper, much like her sister. She goes to bed around 9:30 or 10:00 and sleeps until 4:30, eats in about 20 minutes with her eyes closed then goes back to sleep until around 9. I'm getting LOTS of sleep! :) I'm sure if I didn't get her up right away she'd sleep through the night... but I absolutely LOVE spending time with her. She is a cuddle bug and her round body and soft cheeks draw me from my bed night after night so I can snuggle her in the dark house. I love it.

She STILL has tummy troubles though her screaming on hours is cut down to one or two days a week, on her poop days. I have been giving her a drop or two of Little Remedies laxative drops but on advice from my pediatrican am going to switch her over to an oz of prune juice a day. I'm not very happy about it. I don't want to start feeding her solids or to introduce her to anything she may like better than my milk. I'm jealous like that!

She spits ALL the time and is going through 3-4 bibs a day. She just sits there spitting and blowing bubbles. She also sticks her tongue out a lot, especially if she's talking to you.

Comments