My Plans Got Out of Hand...


December 20 - I woke up at 4:30 to feed Lucy and was so beyond cold. I decided to check the thermostat and it said 60. We are used to warmer temperatures... like 70 something. I quickly turn up the heater and went to nurse Lucy then checked back and it hadn't gotten any warmer at all! I turned it up to 72 and waited to hear the heater kick on but it didn't... in fact it never again turned on.

Something happened, too old maybe - I don't really know. Needless to say it was fuh-reezing! The next morning we packed up stuff for an over night stay at my parent's house (which turned out to be several days) and waited until Monday morning to call the electrician. Come to find out the poor thing needs to be completely replaced. Luckily for us we were all ready packed since we've been waiting for our house to be sold/purchased since JUNE. Once we found out the furnace needed to be replaced we immedietly put in our applications for a really nice place closer to my sister's house. Voila a few days later we signed the lease and here we are now unpacking like crazy.

Sadly that did interupt most my big plans so our advent activities may need to wait until next year. *shrug*

I decided after multiple stressful days and overwhelming dissapointment to hell with it and let it go. I'm now in a much better mood and really enjoying our new home.

Basically this new house is half the size of the old one but as everyone who's ever been over knows, we basically just lived on one floor. So we're fitting nicely - 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, dinning room and laundry closet.

On top of the newness of the appartments the kids have been enjoying their new toys from Christmas. We had an awesome Christmas despite the tragidies and were SO lucky to see my brother for a few days... though not NEARLY long enough.

anyway many picture updates to come.

Comments