sleeeeeee....zzzzzz


Our first night at home Lucy woke up around 7pm and cried until 5am. She would take the smallest breaks of screaming to nurse for approximately 30 seconds and then resume the horrible screaming.

I knew what was wrong. I could tell by her body completely tightening and then the smallest little toot would emerge and then she would be quiet and nurse for another second then start her screaming over again. Poor little baby. I called the on call nurse at our pediatrician around 3am and tried really hard not to sound like I was complaining so much as being concerned. I'm sure I sounded a little like I was complaining. It was 3am after all. She didn't give me any helpful tips what-so-ever. She had a really hard time getting the meconium out and all that day was gassy and constipated. She finally had a HUGE blowout around 2pm and slept the rest of the afternoon.

Our second night was SO much better. She only woke up 3 times, ate for 20 minutes then would sleep for about 3 hours. I felt immensely blessed.


And then last night, Saturday she nursed on one side, I changed her diaper she ate on the other side... and then slept for 6 hours straight.

I'd take that ANY night. :)

Comments