Tea on Tuesday


As you may or may not have noticed I have beenomitting "Sunday Night Family Dinner". One reason is because now that I'm pregnant I am not cooking. I can hardly eat anything. The hardly anythings I can eat are anything BUT healthy. I can eat popcorn and cake... ice cream is okay too. Anyway another reason is I kind of make the same things over and over. lol.

However, I have decided to do another segment instead entitled, "Tuesday's Tea for Two" where I show you the wonders of baking and drinking tea (in a real 6oz tea cup of course).

Today I'll be making White Cake with chocolate icing.


8 c. (2 lbs.) sifted flour
2 c. white shortening
5 c. sugar
1/4 c. baking powder
4 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla


Into extremely large bowl turn half of the flour, add shortening, remaining flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. With a pastry blender cut in shortening until it is in fine particles and mixture looks crumbly. Blend the rest of the ingredients together. Pour into your cake pan of choice and bake until toothpick comes out clean.



I used a bunt pan



Now doesn't that look yummy? We're only half way through though - we need some icing!


Chocolate Icing



1/2 cup butter

1/4 cup cocoa powder

1/3 cup milk

1 tsp Vanilla

2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)

Heat butter, cocoa, and milk and bring to a boil. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until nice and smooth.






I added powdered sugar too - just for fun!


Serve with your finest china and share preferably with your best friend and your favorite toddlers :)



Comments