Sunday...



My husband works every Saturday until 2pm. Usually after he gets off we all do our weekend errands. Groceries, little things here and there... and on Sundays we do the errands we didn't finish up, I get some time away from the kids and we all sleep a lot.


This Sunday Daddy J is going to school to meet with some classmates so they can finish up a project they have due. That means after church tomorrow I'll have the kids ALL BY MYSELF... ALL DAY... with no time away from them. Daddy J feels bad for me. He hardly ever has the kids all day by himself. The few times he's had them for over a couple hours he tells me how much he appreciates me ;)

Don't get me wrong - they're great kids. But they are still just that, kids! They whine, cry, steal toys, puke, poop all over the place, have accidents, need bad aids... it's just a lot energy. Anywhoo -

Daddy J graciously is allowing me to have the rest of the day after he gets off, to do whatever I please. I'm leaving at 2pm to go paint Pottery with Coco and then we're going to see a movie at 5pm. I'm so excited. I have been away one weekend before to Seattle, but I don't get many days "free".


That being said I needed to do all the weekend errands today.

First was a 26 item grocery list at winco.

Winco; Busy

Winco with small children; Busy and crazy

Winco with small children and no husband; Busy, crazy andhellaciouswhatwasIthinking?


Next was Target for their BOGO shoe sale.

Target; fun

Target with children; was NOT fun

Target with children looking for shoes; horrible

Target with children looking for shoes with no husband;ohmygodwhatwasIthinking?


Me: tired


I'm not very particular about "name" brands. I'm not honestly. I know some people think I'm snooty. The only reason the majority of Princess M's clothes are "Gymboree" is because they're so dang cute. Not because they're from gymboree. And the only reason my boys only have "the children's place" jeans are because they fit them best.

I used to be obsessed with buying name brand foods. Why? Who the heck knows.


I don't buy the kids designer shoes. I refuse to even spend over 19.99 on shoes for them.

So shoe shopping happens only a few times a year. Today we went to Target and I measured the kids feet. WHAT? No one grew! lol. A whole year and not one of those 4 feet grew an inch. I bet they'll grow any day so I bought them a half size bigger shoes. Joe is officially still a 7 and Sam is a measly 9.5. So strange. Well I could justify buying them new shoes because while their feet grow at the rate of molasses they still run them to the ground.  The tip of Joe's shoes flap when he runs. lol.






As a reward for all my work I bought myself a new pair of gloves. I've kind of resigned the idea of a vegetable garden this year since I'll be 9 months pregnant during harvest but I may still plant a couple pumpkins and sunflowers with the boys. I'm planning on keeping it weed free (mostly to give me purpose) and creating a compost pile. We're going to create a "play area" too - when we moved in there was a GIANT garden with poisonous to children plants. I pulled them all out and in the process discovered a billion patio bricks. they're not cinder blocks but they're the same color. Anyway I didn't know what I wanted to do with them but now I know!

We're going to dig them all up (yes we only dug up half last year) and smooth all the dirt and re-lay them down so there's a little patio. There will be a small square hole (for the sandbox) and space for the play house and kid's picnic table. And if there's a God in heaven - we'll getunderground sprinklers.


I never thought spring would come... and even though it's still 30 degrees it actually feels a little springish!

Comments