Another Schedule Change

I've always wanted to be one of those agreeable wives who love their husband and his crazy ideas to the end of the earth.
I felt like going along with my husband's crazy scheme of going to school full time AND working full time was... crazy. But we've made it through 2 quarters and the outcome is an impressive GPA. I try to graciously arrange the kids to fit his schedule so he can still see them and me and everyone be happy. The whole readjusting is hard on me and the kids. It's work to get them on a schedule and work to get them on a new one... especially every 3 or 4 months.

I found out today about his new schedule. My IRL friends know how hard Mondays are for me... my husband goes to school at 6am - 11:15, comes home and works from 11:30 - 4:30 and has night class from 5:00 - 9:45. It's HELL. There's always a crisis, sobbing children, a laundry build up and we're all tired from the weekend.

Well this evening I found out his new schedule is THREE night classes. He'll now be working from 6am - 2:30pm every day and then three days a week have night classes from 5:30 -9:30. Granted he'll have the weekends off and right now he's working Saturday mornings.

This new change made me burst into tears (I had a hard day) and bewilder my husband. He was like, "We're getting paid more, more time off and weekends open." He doesn't understand... I don't fully understand but it's that time of night 6pm - 8pm that is hardest for me.

I get flash backs of being a single mom and feel panicky. He's gone and I'm alone and I don't even have the car to escape. Even though he'll have three hours off in the middle of the afternoon.... *SIGH* I'm actually a little scared of the new schedule. Luckily it doesn't start until March 30th... so I have a little time to adjust.

But I get Thursday and Fridays off from motherhood starting at 2:30pm... so maybe it's worth it... plus who turns down money?

(( P.S I hope to goodness I'm pregnant because my hormones are taking me on a roller coaster the last few days!))

Comments